Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The last color of fall



Mid November and the last color on the leaves, will soon be brown leaves on the ground and bare branches on the shrubs and trees.
I'm delighted for the cooler weather and am hoping for this reprieve from either air conditioning or the need for heating in the house.
It's that time in the seasons when there is a break in the outside work.
Just minuscule outdoor work to finish up, then no snow for hopefully a month or two.
With the darker afternoons and evenings, and less actual home keeping I've been doing, it's more time for reading, playing scrabble or watching movies.
I just finished 'True Compass' Ted Kennedy's memoir. It's over 500 pages, but well worth reading.
Soon it will be time for holiday preparation and family meals and activities.

4 Comments:

At November 10, 2009 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

i put our Christmas trees up Sunday....and I'm really in the Christmas spirit this year...i really hope to have some good holidays.

Love, jess

 
At November 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM , Blogger One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Finally - you are back. I was beginning to worry about you.
Take care!!!

 
At November 28, 2009 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Muhd Imran said...

The trees and shrubs are putting on a show for you. Awesome colors.

 
At November 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Girl, you've been posting, and I've been missing this! HOw pretty those leaves are. We have yet to get pretty leaves this year, but we are starting to get some chill.

XO,

Sheila :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home