Saturday, December 19, 2009

The stockings are hung....



The stockings are hung and the tree is up and the gifts are wrapped and hip hip hooray we have 10 inches of snow on the ground this morning.
We are right in the the middle of this eastern snow storm coming up from NC through VA and Wash DC is to be hit with 1-2 feet of snow.
Let's see if I'm still saying hip hip hooray after several days when I haven't received the mail or daily newspapers.

But for this morning when I plan to drink lots of coffee and bake lots of cookies, I'm going to enjoy the snow falling outside.
We shoveled the driveway before we went to bed last night to prepare in advance the snowfall that was predicted. Alas this morning, I can't even see where we cleared the sidewalk and driveway.
I hear the snowplows outside and the road is clear enough to drive.

Yesterday at the store you would think that no one had food at their house the way everyone was pushing and shoving and loading their carts to the brim.
We shall see how long this 'snowed in' situation lasts.

Hopefully the airport(Dulles) is open by Tues. a.m. when our daughter flies overnight from SF, coming home for a long Christmas break.

Merry Christmas and happy snow day to all of you today!

4 Comments:

At December 19, 2009 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

Mim, I have to admit I'm somewhat jealous of all that snow--I miss my little fireplace. And all we have here in upper NC is more rain. But all I have to do is think about is the aftermath and what a mess it is to deal with, and I'm just fine! Happy holidays.

 
At December 22, 2009 at 5:23 PM , Blogger judy in ky said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your daughter is home now.

 
At December 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Blogger The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Mim! I'm dropping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas. I hope it is filled with blessings for you and your family. Your mantle looks so pretty, and the snow is pretty, too! Hope your family who is traveling gets there safely.

Sending you warm hugs across the miles...

XO,

Sheila :-)

 
At December 30, 2009 at 1:06 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I hope you had happy holidays...snow would perk me up about now.

Lots of love to you
Jess

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home