Dog Days of Summer
Truly dog days of summer and Bailey certainly agrees.
The paper today said our area had over 10 days consecutive of over 90 degrees, a first for this area for the month of June. The lawns are parched, the cornfields are so stunted in their growth.
If it weren't for my twice daily watering of flowerbeds, I doubt there would be any flowers or tomatoes.
Today was a break in the weather... just got to 80 degrees. Wonderful.
We'd saved a renovation job for when the weather broke.
So our front porch, covered, had layers of paint and was chipping on the floor.
Instead of painting we decided to 'slate' it, to match our side entry and back entry porches that we installed slate on last summer.
A dusty, dirty job, laying tile is..... but the cooler temperatures helped that.
We set the slate tile on about 2/3rds of the porch.. it's 30+ feet long.
Tomorrow we'll finish laying the tile, and then grout it in several days.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and temps will stay out of the 90's for a few more days.
Bailey in the above picture turned 10 this year!

4 Comments:
I am so happy to see Bailey. We had a terribly hot June too, but not so dry, due to many thunderstorms. We had severe storm warnings just about every other night!
I hope the weather is cooperating! Bailey sure doesnt seem that old...
Hope all is well with you...it's been forever since we have talked..
lots of love to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!
Your home is beautiful and even ever more with such dedication and passion from both of you.
Have a wonderful summer!
Mim, that is the world's cutest dog! I love that face on Bailey. What a sweetheart.
And I don't envy you the task of working on that tile, but I admire you for doing so. You'll have to take pics for us to see.
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home