Monday, June 16, 2008

Sunrise


I am certainly enjoying the long June days: early sunrises, late sunsets.
This was my morning sunrise today. Summer solstice is soon upon us which means that slowly the daylight hours will be come shorter.
So I am going to savour this last week of early sunrises and late sunsets, by not only walking in the morning early, but in the evening too.
I realize how easy it is to become complacent so I want to make an effort starting this week to get outside early and enjoy the weather and the views and walk just a few more steps each day.
That is to counter all the picnics and socializing that have been going on in our part of the world.
Hope you are enjoying these hazy days of soon to be summer as I am.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 16, 2008 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Ralph said...

Looks like you have the same beautiful skies there we have in Delaware. I love the morning, any time of year. In the summer you can get things done before the heeat becomes too oppressive. And all year long, getting obligations out of the way early leaves more time for my own things later on.....

 
At June 16, 2008 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Diane@Diane's Place said...

I can't stand the heat, so I'm not out much this time of year. If I was going to be out it would be in the early morning or late evening though.

Beautiful sunrise, though I'm not usually up in time to see one myself. ;o)

I just posted good news about Jessica's Dr's appointment. :o)

Have a great week, Mim.

Love and hugs,

Diane

 
At June 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I love watching the sunrise or sunset....too tired these days to get up so early or stay up so late...just kidding! It's nice to sit and watch with the hubby and just enjoy some realxation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home